Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Help an Introvert Out... :)

It's times like now that I wish I was more of an extrovert. That I was a doer. That I was more sociable and didn't care what other people thought about me. 

I keep going over and over how I can possibly raise $100 for Enoch. It seems like $100 will be so easy to raise and yet it seems so difficult, I don't even know where or how to start. (I can't even imagine the stress of raising $1,000...maybe that's why $100 seems so much easier even without knowing how it'll be done!)

My goal is to raise the $100 by October 31. My thoughts are for the proceeds from my etsy shop to go to Enoch until he reaches $100. Being that October 31 is not far away, that is my short term goal. Once he meets his goal, I move onto my long term goal, which is to help Nico & Zannen's family. I will *hopefully* be doing a craft fair on November 10, which will *hopefully* help me sell things better than I am able to online and bring in more money for these 2 awesome families that are just starting the adoption process and needing support. 

This is my etsy shop here. Check it out and start Christmas shopping! ;)  Keep checking back for more items! 

Being in Michigan, I have really been wanting to take advantage of the 10cent deposit on cans. It *sounds* so easy to walk up to doors & ask people for their pop cans. I mean, pop cans are easier for people to give up than actual cash, right?? And $100 could easily be reached if people were willing to donate their cans. Being an introvert though, I'm afraid I won't know what to say and that people won't care and won't want to give up their pop cans and I'll look stupid. Which brings me to the question, is a 24 year old woman *allowed* to walk up to peoples doors asking for pop cans? Or is that really tacky and socially unacceptable? I don't remember the last time I've seen someone collecting pop cans door to door. I just remember doing it as a KID. Even an extrovert told me that she would only want to do it if she took a kid with her b/c it's a kid thing to do. :(  

So I need some HONEST feedback. Would you, as a grown adult, go door to door collecting pop cans? Would you find it odd to find an adult at your door, asking for pop cans? Would you be willing or think others would be willing to donate their pop cans, given enough information about what they're for? 

On the evenings I'm alone with the girls, I'm half tempted to put the girls in the stroller and start going door to door. If only I really had the courage! I mean, I'd have 2 cute girls with me that would help win people over, right?! :) 

I hope there's at least 1 person still reading this that doesn't think I've completely lost it! 

If there's anyone that wants to help a girl out, I will not be opposed! ;) Feel free to make a small donation to Enoch's grant, to buy from my etsy shop, or donate your pop cans to me! If you have any other ideas on how I can raise money for RR, I'd love to hear those as well! 

You can see Enoch's listing on Reece's Rainbow here!

And now, I'll just leave you with the picture of this beautiful boy, Enoch himself! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment