Saturday, February 23, 2013

Etsy Update

My brother & sister-in-law, Nate & Lauren, have been visiting this week from California. I also started sewing again this week. Needless to say, it's been a busy week! I quickly realized all over again what it is like to REALLY be tired!

After Christmas, my Etsy inventory was running pretty low. Being newly pregnant and busy with the holidays, the new year was a good time to take a break from sewing for a little while. Taking naps with Alexys is one of my favorite things to do and I got plenty of those in! 

As much as it was nice to have some "down" time while the girls were napping, I started getting the sewing itch back. Looking at all the cute fabrics would kill me!! Not to mention I needed something to help me feel more productive & motivated again. I don't know about everyone else, but I start to feel sluggish when I'm not working on something and taking too many naps, meanwhile watching myself get "fatter"!  After giving it some thought, I decided that now would be a good time to sew enough to restock my inventory on Etsy and give it a whirl until baby comes, to see if it could be profitable at all. I don't imagine I'll profit a lot off of it, but even if it's enough to pay for Alexys' dance class, or some of the extras, that would be worth it!  

I can't imagine after baby #3 comes that I'll ever have any free time again, so this could be my trial run, and my only run ;) 
a few of my new, fun girly prints :)

The idea sounded easy enough, just restock Etsy. Oh boy, it's a lot more work than I thought! Even though all my current products are easy enough to make, to make a bunch of everything still takes a lot of time!! Even though I have nap time, and possibly after the girls go to bed (if they go to bed on time!), it doesn't feel like enough time to get done as much as I want to. It doesn't help that I also want to make a bunch of gifts for my friends with kids and having babies AND stuff for my girls and our coming baby. SO, I'm just doing what I can a day at a time and will hopefully have enough inventory to relaunch Schweper's Stitches by April 1st! 
Prefold burp cloths-SO easy but adds SO much!

I'm restocking again on activity bags & crayon rolls. I'm also working on prefold burp cloths & minky burp cloths. Hopefully some car rolls and reusable snack bags.  I still have some children's aprons and hand warmers. Once (if) I get all that done, I will get some new ideas to work on.  Feel free to send ideas my way if you'd like :) I might not have time to start on a lot of new things, but I also want to make things that are of interest to others. 





**Sorry for the bad pictures. I promise when I am ready to post on Etsy, I will have better presentation and picture quality! :) **

Check back soon for more pictures *hopefully* and a family update! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment